Friday, October 08, 2004

Test Run

This is my first blog posting. In fact this is one of the first trendy things I have ever done. I am usually a few years behind or ahead of trends, and in both scenarios, mostly by accident.

So, the question is begged, why blog?

I decided to start my blog for numerous reasons: 1. I want to keep a descriptive diary of my new life in Boston 2. I want to put my thoughts about the important things that my thoughts are about out in a place where people can read my thoughts and decide whether or not they are important 3. I want to keep in touch with those wonderful folks on the West Coast whom I don't get to see or hear from very often anymore 4. I want to write more because I like writing and I think that I may want to have writing play a large part in my career(s), whatever it(they) may turn out to be 5. It seems fun and silly.

I plan to try to write an entry every day, but I don't particularly expect that to happen - I try to brush my teeth twice a day, every day, but that don't really happen all the time neither. And don't get me started on showers!

So, please, if you are looking for an interesting tid bit about my interesting tid life in Boston, MA, check the blog. Or if you are bored and in front of a computer with internet access, check the blog. Or, if you are looking for words of wisdom... then don't expect too much. In any case, if you are reading this, I am grateful.

Love,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Effigy,

It is good to hear from you. It sounds as if you have lost some of your characteristic focus now that you are out of school. That's alright.
I eagerly await something interesting on your blog.

Elliott

Friday, October 08, 2004 11:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Phrai,
Cool blog. Have fun thinking and writing and sometimes not thinking. How's the weather? Has it snowed yet? It's not snowing here yet;).
Take care and say hi to Sara for me,
Love,
Rach

Saturday, October 09, 2004 12:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Frijay-- good stuff and enjoyed the bit about the Jersey preacher. FYI I may be coming to Boston for a few hours on Nov 5-- I will be visiting a school or two. Hopefully we will have time to catch up and at least say "hi."

Your cousin, Jon

Wednesday, October 13, 2004 6:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home