Quality of My Life
Having a lot of stuff, or always getting more stuff does not increase the quality of my life nearly as much as being thankful for what I have.
Thankfullness makes each and every thing and experience into something meaningful and important. Hot water, shoes, the little money I do have, my thoughts, being able to ride the train from my apartment to work, being able to walk on concrete instead of mud - there are so many things that I can be thankful for in my life, everyday. And the sense of gratitude that I develop when I think about this virtually infinite list brings meaning to the simplest of experiences. Feeling gratitude calms my mind and opens up my heart. The sense of wonder that comes from this gratitude makes me feel like a child discovering the world anew. It gives me a sense of appreciation for my life and everything around me, and this vastly increases the quality of my experiences, of my life.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home