Anger
I've noticed that anger is almost always a secondary emotion. Whenever I get angry, there is another emotion or feeling underneath the anger. When I focus on the anger, the other feelings are ignored.
This presents a problem. If I act out of anger, or even based on the feelings and thoughts that originate in an angry state, then my actions do little to address the initial emotions and feelings that preceded the anger.
This process leads me to not only ignore a part of myself, but also to disown it. If I never take actions to deal with certain feelings, and in fact I never really even acknowledge those feelings, then I am essentially leaving the part of myself from which those feeling sprung out in the cold.
I think this is not good.

1 Comments:
I find it difficult to comment on your writing style in general. (This applies to your whole blog, not just this entry.) But I'd like you to know I'm reading, so I'm commenting despite myself.
Anyway, keep writing.
xoxox RSP
Post a Comment
<< Home