Monday, October 25, 2004

Blame

Blame serves one major purpose: To resign ones own responsibility for something.

As soon as I blame someone else for something that is happening, something I am going through, or something I am feeling, I relinquish my own responsibility for it and hand that responsibility over to someone else. At least, I do that in my own head. But the problem with blaming someone else is that when I relinquish my responsibility, I also relinquish my ability to change the situation or make it better. I let go of my own ability to take action. Responsibility = response-ability, the ability to respond. When I blame other people for problems, I completely lose my own ability to create solutions.

1 Comments:

Blogger Howdim said...

Very insightful! Years ago I heard about the "blame game" where people especially married couples blame each other for thier troubles. I always thought it was a usless and irritating behavior. Your wisdom here is refreshing.

Howard

Check my blog: www.dymoke.blogspot.com

Sunday, October 31, 2004 3:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home